All students in Years 7 – 11 will wear the Prendergast Ladywell School uniform and are expected to be smart at all times. Any problems with regard to uniform should be raised in writing to the Form Tutor.
We have moved to the new logo, 'Achieving Excellence' and have some old stock available at the School Admin Office at knock-down prices while stocks last: blazers are £2 but we have limited sizes left.
Any new stock with the updated logo will be sold at the full price at Wearabouts Schoolwear in Sydenham and Whitehall Clothiers on Lewisham High Street.
Girls / Boys
• Black knee-length skirt or black trousers of a tailored style, no jeans or cords.
• White shirt style blouse or shirt, buttoned to the neck, normal collar.
• School tie tied at the collar to at least the fourth button down on the shirt.
• Black V-necked, plain knit jumper or cardigan with the School logo.
• Optional: black blazer with the School badge.
• Black / white socks. Girls may wear ankle or knee-length socks, or plain black / flesh-coloured tights. No lace or patterned tights.
• Black, sensible leather shoes. No trainers, sneakers, boots or canvas shoes of any colour.
• Dark coloured outdoor coat when needed (e.g black or dark blue). No logos, badges or patterns. No knitted cardigans, sweatshirts, hoodies or tracksuit tops.
• Bags may be any colour, but should be large enough to contain an A4 exercise book without folding.
• One inexpensive wrist watch.
• Hats must not be worn inside the School buildings at any time. In the winter, dark coloured (e.g. black or dark blue) hats and scarves may be worn outside of the School building. Caps of any description are not allowed at any time.
• Hair ribbons, clips, etc. should be burgundy or black.
• Only one small stud earring per ear allowed, only in the ear lobe. Facial piercings, including nose studs, are not allowed.
• No other jewellery of any kind is permitted, e.g. bracelets, necklaces, or rings.
• Acrylic nails, nail varnish and false eyelashes are not allowed.
• Make-up must be discreet; only natural hair colour permitted.
• Scarves worn for religious reasons should be in School colours: black, white or red. There must be no bandanas.
Uniform for Physical Education
Students are required to wear appropriate clothing for Physical Education (PE) lessons.
• Short-sleeved purple polo shirt with the School logo.
• Plain black round neck sweatshirt jumper OR the School's purple sweatshirt with the School logo.
• Plain black shorts or black jogging bottoms. No leggings.
• Trainers with non-marking soles. Laces must be tightly tied so they are not a trip hazard.
• Footwear must be appropriate for a variety of sports. No plimsolls, except school plimsolls issued for not wearing appropriate school shoes.
• Black football socks
• Football boots
• Shin pads
• Gum shields
• Shower kit, e.g. towel, shower gel, roll-on deodorant
• Another optional item is a black PE raincoat which has the School logo on it; this is available to order from Wearabouts Schoolwear.
It is compulsory that a complete separate change of clothing is worn for all PE lessons, in order to allow students a full range of movement and to encourage good personal hygiene.
Students are prohibited from wearing jewellery and bringing valuables to lessons. The PE department and the School will not be responsible for any lost or damaged items.
The Department for Education advises that uniforms do not need to be cleaned any more often than usual, nor do they need to be cleaned using methods which are different from normal.