The Computing Department at Prendergast Ladywell School aims to equip students with the skills to participate in a rapidly-changing world through challenging and engaging topics. Students will develop an understanding and application in the fundamental principles of computer science by having the opportunity to write programs, design webpages and produce professional digital products.
Computing skills are a major factor in enabling children to be confident, creative, and independent learners and it is our intention that children have every opportunity available to allow them to achieve this.
The national curriculum for Computing aims to ensure that all pupils:
- can understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms, and data representation
- can analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems
- can evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, analytically to solve problems
- are responsible, competent, confident, and creative users of information and communication technology.
In Computer Science we are dedicated to ensuring our students leave with the skills to fully embrace a future of rapidly advancing computer technology.
- Download Computing Year 7 Curriculum Map
- Download Computing Year 8 Curriculum Map
- Download Computing Year 9 Curriculum Map
- Download KS4 Computer Science