News

Secondary Allocations

On Wednesday 1 March, parents and carers will have received their letters advising which school their child has been allocated.

We are aware that about a third of children in London have missed out on their first choice of secondary school; in the past two years there has been a 5% increase in families applying for school places in London; in 2017 there were 88,601 applications, a 2% rise on 2016.

Statistics from the Pan London Admissions Board show that across the capital only 68% of 11-year-olds got their first choice of school – leaving 32% disappointed. However, 89% of pupils were offered a place at one of their top three preferences.

If you were allocated a place here at Prendergast Ladywell School, you should have received our Welcome letter, which invites you to our school Open Morning on Tuesday 7 March from 9.15am.

We look forward to seeing you.

Posted on 2nd March 2017